3.4.09

Newly smitten with Francis Lam, thanks to a tiny little link from Orangette. Incidentally, her new book surpassed my expectations. How often does that happen? I’m not really supposed to be buying books right now (slashedbudgetyouknowtheeconomyblahblahblah), but I bought hers & I’m not sorry.

About Francis: that little link led to a recipe that demanded every pot in the kitchen, but his writing seduced me into doing it anyway. He worries about Cantonese food! He makes all kinds of sense about wine! Check out his tattoos! I’m in love. If you don’t hear from me for a while, it’s because I’m busy reading all his archives.

Actually that’s not true. You might not hear from me for a little while because I just got myself a job with the U.S. Census & April is hella busy. Send bag lunch ideas. Hmm… maybe Mr. Lam has some advice?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger Cj said...

Well, I don't have any creative bag lunch ideas that could rival Mr. Lam's concoctions, but if your Census Beat takes you by the Claremont, you could stop off for some Mac & Cheese! (tee hee hee!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home