8.3.05

I was ready for it all to be a bunch of hype, but I finally got Van Lear Rose & I'm a believer. Though I wouldn't call this a rock-solid album entirely, there's some good shit on here. For one thing, "Portland Oregon" is everything it's cracked up to be.

You know, if you'd told me ten years ago that I would be this into country music, I woulda laughed in your face. But then I'd also never have believed that I would have not just one, but two solo shows in a row of nothing but photographs. Me taking pictures?! Then there're all the unbelievable political horrors, but I won't go there right now. Suffice to say, strange days indeed.

In other news, I went for my first physical therapy appointment today & am now sporting a spiffy, custom-made thumb splint. Also I am now expected to spend most of my waking hours engaged in various activities with ice & hot water. & I should definitely not be on here typing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home